Children Rights

I'll talk about something I really love doing and I would like that people were more motivated to be part of, I'm talking about Volunteering. I'm part of the Gesta Foundation, the purpose of it is to defend children rights. How do we do that? Is not that simple and it requires a lot of work in group. We start from the base, just teaching the children which are their rights and how to apply and recognise them in their lifes, to do this we go every saturday to their neighbourhood and teach them all of that with games, songs, drawing and stuff like that. The children that live there have been vulnerated, they have alcoholic parents, have been abused, and all that you can think of. We just want to show them the good part of the life with simple things like just playing. They told us really hard stories and sometimes is frustrating not to know what to do, and is even more frustrating when you realise that you can not do anything, but sometimes just a little laugh for them means the world and some poeple don't understand but with that we are making a change in their lifes. 
On summer and winter vacation we do the same thing but for a whole week, we stay in the Foundation or whatever we go. It is such an experience and I think that everyone should live this at least once. 
I have been doing this since 2016, and every time I see those kids and their happines while they play with us o tell us their stories or just see them paint the drawings, all of that makes me fall more in love with volunteering and I would like to keep doing this my whole life, or as much as I can. 

Comentarios

  1. I think that is amazing what you do, when I was in school I participle of many volunteer activities and it was a very cute experience. I hope you can keep doing because its a very beatiful initiative!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Grey´s Anatomy

Special Celebration

Different spanish?